1. To ignite the spark of learning in children.
2. To practice three of life’s most valuable virtues: kindness,
patience, and understanding.
3. To experience the joy of seeing children learn to read, write
and do arithmetic – and set them on a path to success in school
and in life.
4. To share your love of learning with young minds
and help students discover their potential.
5. To see the world through a child’s eye while
sharing your knowledge – and to learn something
6. To make the same kind of difference in a child’s
life as your favorite teacher made in yours.
7. To help children understand the diversity of cultures and
values that make our economy strong and proud.
8. To serve children, your community and your country.
9. To turn your love of learning into a love of teaching.
10. To share your passion. If you like seeing a child’s eye light up with understanding, you belong in the classroom.